The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) determines enrollment and eligibility policy. DoDDS Europe is responsible to disseminate that policy to all schools. Eligibility is determined by the supporting documentation of the sponsor, and enrollment will be in one of the following categories listed below:
DoDDS eligibility regulation, DoDEA regulation 1342.13.
How to register your child/children:
Visit the registrar’s office upon arriving in-country and pick-up a registration packet.
The following forms are required for registration:
- Educational Pre-Screening Questionnaire Form (DoDEA Form 620)
- Consents and Authorizations Form (DoDEA Form 700)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Home Questionnaire (DoDEA Form F4) (if applicable)
- Student Health History - DoDEA Form 2942.0-M-F1
- Space Available Enrollment Form (Only for space available enrollment, read more on Space Available Eligibility Requirements)
IMPORTANT: It is necessary for the sponsor to come to the school office to complete registration for students.
Parents enrolling students are required to furnish the following:
Mandatory to begin attendance:
- Proof of sponsor's overseas status (Orders, verification of employment etc.)
- Proof of sponsor/dependent connection (Child listed on orders, birth certificate, etc.)
- Proof of a new DEROS as applicable
- Tuition paid in advance if applicable
- Verification of minimal age requirement for Sure Start, Kindergarten and 1st grade students (PCS Orders, Birth certificate or passport)
Note: Children entering Sure Start, Kindergarten, First Grade must be 4,5 and 6 years old respectively on/before September 1. Minimal Age Requirement Policy
Also required: (The below documents ARE required but will not keep a students from starting school.)
- Copy of previous school records, including report cards and other academic records such as reading and math records (as applicable)
- Copy of standardized test scores if applicable
- Copy of Individual Education Plan (IEP) if applicable