PC Shortcut Keys
The below basic shortcut keys are a listing of shortcut keys that will work with almost all IBM compatible computers and software programs. It is highly recommended that all users keep a good reference of the below short cut keys and/or try to memorize the below keys. Doing so will dramatically increase your productivity.
|Ctrl + A||Select all text.|
|Ctrl + X||Cut selected item.|
|Ctrl + C||Copy selected item.|
|Ctrl + Ins||Copy selected item|
|Ctrl + V||Paste|
|Ctrl + Z||Undo|
|Home||Goes to beginning of current line.|
|Ctrl + Home||Goes to beginning of document.|
|End||Goes to end of current line.|
|Ctrl + End||Goes to end of document.|
|Ctrl + Left arrow||Moves one word to the left at a time.|
|Ctrl + Right arrow||Moves one word to the right at a time.|
|Alt + Tab||Switch between two open screens|
|Tab||Move forward through the options|
|Arrow Keys||Select a button if the active option is a group of option buttons.|
Shortcuts in X2ASPEN
- Click on the “Student” tab on the horizontal tool bar for a list of students in your school.
- If sorted by student name - hold down the CTRL + F key to type in the last name of a student you are looking for.
- Click on the empty box next to a student name and then choose the desired “side-tab” on the vertical tool bar to open student information without opening the student demographics page.
- Use the “TAB” key to navigate an open screen.
- Navigate a dialogue box with the down arrow by typing the first letter of the word you want.
- Navigate a dialogue box with the “magnifying glass” by typing the first letter. Use the arrow keys to move up and down the list. BE SURE to “hit” the enter key to save the selected option.